Tuesday, 17 June 2014

So what is it?

Initially this page will be used as a development blog for the Student Flightpath tracker. Once we're all set up I'll swap to a full website which provides anyone who wishes with the option to explore in more detail, and even by SFT.

I thought the best place to start the blog off would be a few quick Q&A's which will hopefully help Schools decide whether my product could be for them.

"What is it?"

The Student Flightpath Tracker, or SFT for short is a simple Excel tool designed to aid schools track the progress of every single student, in every single subject they have taken, right from the beginning of Year 7, all the way until they finish GCSE's at the end of Year 11.

"How?"

By inputting KS2 SAT's results, the SFT will produce a collection of targets for students all the way across the school lifetime. These targets will self adjust upwards if a student is consistently above target, and flag up where a student may be falling below expectation, in a manner which any staff member with access to the file will be able to easily see.

"What can it do?"

Along with the simple tracker, the tool will also come with several other features. For example, every student has an individual page, which will display performance vs expectation as they move through their school career. The product allows for analysis of Teachers, Students, Subjects, and Year Groups, meaning success is clearly displayed, and issues flagged up early, helping your students to achieve the best they can during their time in school.


More blog pages will follow with an in depth look at the full features list, which I will break down one post at a time. I'll leave you with a screenshot of that individual student page, feel free to leave comments below, I'll always try and get back quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment